The Woodworking Shows / Woodworks

Post General Woodworking Questions here.

Moderator: MLCS-Mitch

What do you think of the woodworking trade shows?

Great fun, Great Value
100%
Just Average
No votes
Waste of Time and Money
No votes

Total votes : 1

The Woodworking Shows / Woodworks

Postby MLCS-Mitch » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:29 am

Has anybody attended any of the woodworking trade shows this season? If so what show and what did you think of it? Any new/interesting tools you liked?

I attended the Somerset/Garden State Expo woodworking show this weekend. It is always fun to go see what is new in the industry. The demonstration of the Fast Joint System was good. We are introducing that same system in our future catalog, so I had a chance to make some joints with it. It is as easy as they make it look.

Dewalt always has new tools and a nice display. There was some beautiful and expensive hardwood displays. I did not get a chance to see any classes or workshops, how were they?
MLCS-Mitch
MLCS Woodworking Staff
MLCS Woodworking Staff

Postby CreekBilly » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:06 pm

Well I have not been at one so its hard for me to vote. Cost would be something I would consider upon going but it would give in site to whats out there or whats coming. My work is down due to economy but I think I would go just to see. :)
CreekBilly

Woodworking shows

Postby MLCS-Mitch » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:28 pm

I think it worth the cost of admission just to see what is new and exciting. Usually if nothing else you can walk away with some good tips or new techniques.
MLCS-Mitch
MLCS Woodworking Staff
MLCS Woodworking Staff

Return to General Woodworking