Video Suggestions

Questions, Tips, and Tricks for Use of Specific MLCS Products

Moderator: MLCS-Mitch

Video Suggestions

Postby MLCS-Mitch » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:32 pm

My name is Mitch. I am one of the woodworkers here at MLCS and I also create our short how to videos and product demo videos. I am looking for suggestions on new videos. What would you like to see? What would help you? What products do you want to see video demonstrations of? Thank you in advance for your replies. I hope you find these videos helpful.
MLCS-Mitch
MLCS Woodworking Staff
MLCS Woodworking Staff

Video sugestions

Postby petepack » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:32 pm

How about a video on profiling bits on projects like picture frame molding?
petepack

Multi-form Molding Video

Postby Bob » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:57 am

I agree Petepack. I would like to see something for the multi-form molding bit. While the bit looks to be very versatile and allows you to create unique one of a kind moldings, you can go through a lot of test stock in the process. With the price of wood being what it is, it would be nice to have that process whittled down a bit.
Bob

Re: Video Suggestions

Postby mharley » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:35 am

MLCS-Mitch wrote:My name is Mitch. I am one of the woodworkers here at MLCS and I also create our short how to videos and product demo videos. I am looking for suggestions on new videos. What would you like to see? What would help you? What products do you want to see video demonstrations of? Thank you in advance for your replies. I hope you find these videos helpful.

I would like to see a demo making the stacked gooseneck moldings on the grandfather clock in your catalog. Specifically, how to cut the right-hand side where the cutter is cutting "into" the grain on the curves. I have tried this 3 times with some curly maple. Each time, the cutter "grabs into" the grain and explodes the part - rather dramatically! :lol:
mharley

Return to Product Usage