Blog

Post Your Ideas Here for New Features You'd Like to See on Our Website or Functionality Issues/Improvements.

Moderator: MLCS-Mitch

Blog

Postby RogerM » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:01 pm

I just discovered the 'Blog' link. A great idea, and yes, I like it. I did see a link to leave a comment, but that link brings up a Google link. I WILL NOT use any Google product, so I guess that I can't leave any comments or join in the blog (other than read-only)? Hopefully you can figure out a way to involve more folks who may feel like I do??
RogerM

Blog - Not Google

Postby MLCS-Mitch » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:11 pm

Thank you for the positive feedback. The Blog is created on BlogSpot.com not on Google. When you go to leave a comment it allows you to use your Google Blogger ID, but if you move below that you can select Open ID.
I hope this helps.
MLCS-Mitch
MLCS Woodworking Staff
MLCS Woodworking Staff

More on blog access

Postby RogerM » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:51 pm

Mitch,

Thanks for your quick reply (what else do I expect from MLCS?). I wasn't quite specific enough in my original message -- I actually clicked on the 'follow blog' link and got a window with this text:

[i]To start following blogs, sign in with your Google Account.

The new Blogger requires a Google Account to access your blogs.[/i]

In this window, there is no option to use Open ID. Thanks again.

RM
RogerM

Blogs

Postby mlcswo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:11 pm

I'm not sure what exactly being a "follower" of a blog entails, other than to show your interest in the blog and/or to be kept informed of new posts to the blog.

If it is the latter you are seeking to do, you can subscribe to the RSS feed of the Blog using an RSS Feed Reader or Feed integration tool, such as myYahoo, Firefox Live Bookmarks, etc.

Then, any new posts to the Blog will automatically feed through to your Feed Reader, Live Bookmark, etc.
Sincerely,

The MLCS Woodworking Family
mlcswo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to MLCS Website Feedback